Did you know that…
Depression in the United States…
- Affects over 18 million adults (1 in 10) in any given year
- Is the leading cause of disability in ages 15-44
- Is the primary reason of why someone dies from suicide about every 12 minutes – over 41,000 people per year
Depression in the Workplace…
- Causes 490 million disability days from work each year within the U.S.
- Accounts for $23 billion in lost work days each year
- Takes an economic toll of over $100 billion each year from U.S. business
- Affects over 300 million people worldwide, regardless of age, gender, culture, religion, or economic status
- Is the leading cause of disability worldwide, and is a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease
- Is reported to occur in 15% of women shortly before or any time after childbirth, but commonly begins between a week and a month after delivery
- Has a higher risk of developing in women with a previous experience in depression, current depression, anxiety, or low partner support
- Affects not just the mother’s health, but can also interfere with her ability to care for her family, leading to impaired child development
More than just a bout of the blues, depression isn’t a weakness and you can’t simply “snap out” of it. Depression may require long-term treatment. If you or anyone you know suffers from depression, we can help. To learn more, click here.